Following the Consultations with Camden on 18Jun and 10Jul 2015 where many issues of concern were raised by the attendee Leaseholders.. The Observations from individuals were to be submitted by 15Jul2015.
Mine are listed below:
Major Works(MW) .Ludham and Waxham. 2015. Observations
1) I am for Improvements to our blocks in view of the expected reprieve from demolition by at least 10 -15 years as mentioned by John Rutter.
2) Coupled with the Decent Homes program for kitchen and bathroom undertaken at present for the all Tenants in the blocks, the buildings will be in a good state of repair for 20-30 years at least.
3) As the MW costs are high and not affordable by most LHs, Camden must think creatively to extend the repayment to at least the life of the refurbished blocks i.e. over 15 years.
4) Camden may recall that for the Combined Heating and Hotwater installation costs utilizing the Free surplus heat from the Royal Free Hospital was around 5k to be recovered over a 13 year period. That was an affordable plan. The same planners can find a good solution for the MW project repayments also. including the implentation of Florries Law to this refurbishment and Capping the total costs for LHs at 15k.
5) Once the above big points are agreed by all, we can focus on the actual detailed works that Camden is proposing. Main objective must be to bring the standard of the blocks to to that of the Decent Homes level for the following areas that come to mind…ie roofing, kitchen, bathroom and toilet plumbing, common area lobbies and staircases, radiators, windows, building facade and electrics.
6) this could encourage LHs to undertake their own replacement of kitchens, bathrooms and toilets after the necessary plumbing has been replaced which has outlived its usefulness many years ago.
7) once the above MW are completed, LHs shld not expect any further works and our blocks shld be a pride of place to live in.
8) many LHs have their own views and shld be considered seriously and satisfactory answers given by Camden.
9) wherever Rules of repayment are quoted (example 3 yr repayment etc) such Rules must be revised and Camden shld suggest to LHs how this can be achieved. if it means having to approach the Cabinet for it we LHs are quite prepared to go to that level or any other level until we achieve an affordable and sensible overall solution.
Hoping for a positive outcome
Chair Ludham & Waxham Leaseholders