Reply To: Water damage – who is responsible?

Peter Wright

Suggest you and tenant work together if you have both had damage.

Basically, you claim for repairs on the block insurance policy. There is a £250 excess and you seek to recover that from the leaseholder who left the tap on, which was negligent assuming Camden warned appropriately in their letter. If necessary, you claim that through the small claims court, using evidence from Camden on what happened. But, you have to approach the leaseholder first.