Reply To: New Kitchen

Peter Wright

In general, you do need consent for works to your flat. It needs to come from at least the Housing Ward Manager; if there are structural issues Repairs and Improvements and Building Control (for example, if a new kitchen affects a load-bearing wall) come into play. Rarely, you may need listed building consent.

In general, Camden leases make the leaseholder responsible for electric cables, water and gas pipes within the property.