Major Works Mystery Bill

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Paul Ginsberg 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #2649


    We own a top flat in Kentish Town, with the lower flat a council tennant.

    We recently received an estimated Major Works Bill of around £4000, with the only description being “Better Homes External – Communal Repairs and Decorations”

    What on earth are they talking about? There is no other description, estimates, tenders, just a whopping bill. I thought the council had to provide 2 estimates, a description and enter into a consultation with the tenants?


    I find the consultation process spectacularly inept at the moment – this could just be the consultation; my personal advice is to call the number on the letter and then ask for an email address to write in to – that way you can ask the questions you need and, just as importantly, have the answers in writing just in case they give you incorrect advice!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.